GVSU NOW TUESDAY LAST CHANCE MEET
MEET: GVSU NOW TUESDAY Last Chance Meet
LOCATION: Grand Valley State University – Allendale, Mich.
INSIDE THE MEET – MEN'S T&F
- The men's shot put featured two Timberwolves. Sophomore Hunter Berecz placed fifth with a mark matching his collegiate best (15.39 meters/50 feet-6 inches), and freshman Travis Schepers throwing the shot 15.34 meters (50 feet-4 inches) to place sixth.
INSIDE THE MEET – WOMEN'S T&F
- Freshman Taky Ezell had a breakthrough performance in the hammer throw, launching the hammer 48.49 meters (159 feet-1 inch) for a seventh place finish. This is an improvement upon her previous collegiate best of 45.97 meters (150 feet-10 inches). Her throw today ranks her third all-time in program history. Ezell also threw a collegiate best in the discus throw (36.84 meters/120 feet-10 inches).
- In the high jump, senior Heaven Powell placed second with a clearance of 1.63 meters (5 feet-4.24 inches).
- Senior Riley Johnson competed in two events today, throwing the javelin 34.35 meters (112 feet-8 inches) to place third. She also threw the discus 39.17 meters (128 feet-6 inches).
- Sophomore Jessica Marvin finished sixth in the discus with a throw of 41.06 meters (134 feet-8 inches).
- Sophomore Jessica Kursinsky placed seventh in the shot put on a mark of 12.67 meters (41 feet-7 inches).
UP NEXT: The track and field teams will send a small group to the Dr. Keeler Invitational Thursday-Friday (May 8-9) at North Central College in Illinois.