OVERVIEW – PURDUE NORTHWEST
SCORES: Purdue Northwest Pride 3, Northwood Timberwolves 1 (20-25, 25-20, 25-18, 25-12)
RECORDS: Northwood (6-4, 0-2 GLIAC), Purdue Northwest (4-7, 1-1 GLIAC)
LOCATION: Fitness & Rec Center - Hammond, Ind.
RECAP: Northwood dropped a 3-1 match at Purdue Northwest Saturday afternoon (September 16).
INSIDE THE MATCH
- The opening set featured huge swings both ways. After the Pride scored four straight points to open the match, Northwood responded with seven straight points. Purdue Northwest came right back after that, putting up five straight points to put the Pride on top 9-7. Northwood then claimed seven straight points to lead 14-9, only to see PNW then score five straight to tie things up 14-14. Northwood earned five of the final seven points to take the set 25-20. Northwood hit .184 (13-6-38) in the set, while Purdue Northwest finished at .143 (10-5-35).
- That proved to be the only set NU would win in the contest, however. Northwood led 10-9 in the second set when the Pride scored five of six points to lead 13-10. Later, a 4-0 run extended the PNW advantage to 21-15 en route to a 25-20 win. Purdue Northwest hit .214 in the set (10-4-28) – Northwood finished at .103 (12-9-29).
- Purdue Northwest used a late push in the third set to earn the lead in the match. Leading 19-17, the Pride posted six of the final seven points to win 25-18 to go up 2-1. PNW had their best offensive set in the match, hitting .344. Northwood was solid offensively as well, finishing at .242 (11-3-33).
- The Pride dominated the final set to close out the win. The set was tied 5-5 when the Pride scored six of the next seven points to go up 11-6. Purdue Northwest had two separate 5-0 runs over the final 13 points to give PNW the set 25-12 and the match 3-1. Northwood hit -.038 in the set (5-6-26) while Purdue Northwest finished at .321 (13-4-28).
- HITTING: Northwood: .135 (41-24-126), Purdue Northwest: .252 (48-17-213)
- DIGS: Northwood 52 (Sommer VandenBerge – 12), Purdue Northwest 51
- BLOCKS: Northwood 3.0 (Colleen Mayer/Carson Rutherford – 2), Purdue Northwest 9.0
- ACES: Northwood 3 (Mackenzie Kepler – 2), Purdue Northwest 5
TOP NU PERFORMERS
- Just eight days ago, Northwood played Purdue Northwest in a non-GLIAC match. The Timberwolves came out on top in that match 3-0 (25-16, 25-18, 25-17).
- Northwood will travel to Ferris State Tuesday night (September 19). First serve is set for 7 p.m.