OVERVIEW – SOUTHERN INDIANA
SCORE: Southern Indiana Screaming Eagles 0 (19-25, 25-18, 23-25, 25-14, 15-9)
RECORDS: Northwood (10-7, 4-5 GLIAC), Southern Indiana (8-9, 5-4 GLIAC)
LOCATION: Aurora, Illinois – Great Lakes Center
RECAP: Northwood sees its fourth-match winning streak come to an end with a 3-2 loss to Southern Indiana Friday afternoon (October 13).
INSIDE THE MATCH
- Northwood jumped out to a 5-1 lead in the opening set and would not trail the rest of the way. The Screaming Eagles got within two at 16-14, but Northwood responded with five straight points on their way to a 25-19 win. Neither team's offense had much success in the set – NU hit .065 (12-9-46) while USI finished at .000 (6-6-37).
- The Screaming Eagles offense got going in a big way in the second set. USI came out strong, scoring eight of the first 10 points. They did not trail the rest of the way, not allowing NU to get any closer than four points. Southern Indiana hit .385 (15-5-26) in the set compared to Northwood at .097 (11-8-31).
- The third set was the most competitive of the match – neither team led by more than three points up to 17-17. NU then posted six of the next eight points, giving the Timberwolves a 23-19 lead. USI made a late push, but Northwood finished off the set at 25-23. Northwood finished the third at .222 (15-7-36) – Southern Indiana ended up at .258 (14-6-31).
- Southern Indiana controlled the fourth set from the start, as the Screaming Eagles put up the opening three points. Northwood was within two at 12-10 before USI ran off 13 of the final 17 points to win 25-14. Southern Indiana had its best offensive set of the match, finishing at .343 (15-3-35) while Northwood ended up at .065 (8-6-31).
- The key stretch of the final set came with Northwood trailing 5-4. Southern Indiana proceeded to score eight of the next nine points to go up 13-5. The Timberwolves put up four of the next five points, but the Screaming Eagles closed out the victory at 15-9. USI continued their strong offensive attack in the fifth, hitting .286 (9-3-21). Northwood ended the final set at 6-2-21 (.190).
- HITTING: Southern Indiana .240 (59-23-150), Northwood .121 (52-32-165)
- DIGS: Southern Indiana 70, Northwood 67 (Allison Getty – 15)
- BLOCKS: Southern Indiana 18, Northwood 7 (Sydney Greulich – 4)
- ACES: Southern Indiana 6, Northwood 4 (Nadia Atton – 2)
TOP NU PERFORMERS
- Mackenzie Kepler: 13 kills, three blocks
- Greulich: 10 kills, four blocks
- Getty: Nine kills, 15 digs, three blocks
- Hailey Jones: 43 assists, 12 digs, four kills
- Northwood played at Southern Indiana earlier this season in the Dunn Hospitality Invitational. NU won that match 3-1.
- Northwood will play a pair of matches to complete play at the Crossover, playing Davis & Elkins at 11 a.m. and Quincy at 5 p.m.