OVERVIEW – NO. 9 FERRIS STATE
SCORE: Ferris State Bulldogs 3, Northwood Timberwolves 0 (25-19, 25-7, 25-21)
RECORDS: Ferris State 19-4, 12-0 GLIAC, Northwood 8-15, 3-9 GLIAC
LOCATION: Ewigleben Arena – Big Rapids, Mich.
RECAP: Northwood drops 3-0 match at No. 9 Ferris State Saturday afternoon (October 20).
INSIDE THE MATCH
- The opening set featured runs for both teams. After Northwood scored three of the first four points of the match, Ferris State ran off six straight to lead 7-3. NU trailed 19-17 late when FSU put the set away with four straight points on their way to a 25-19 win. Neither team's offenses put up big numbers in the set – Northwood ended up hitting .133 (8-4-30) while Ferris State finished at .129 (10-6-31).
- FSU ran away in the second set from the start, scoring the first 16 points of the set. The Bulldogs eventually went on to win 25-7 for a 2-0 lead. Northwood had a hard time keeping the ball in play in the set, hitting -.310 (3-12-29). FSU finished the set at .286 (12-4-28).
- The Timberwolves came out much better in the third set, scoring four of the first five points. The Bulldogs responded with seven of the next eight points to take the lead at 8-5. Northwood was within two late at 19-17, but FSU held off the Timberwolves to win 25-21 to complete the sweep. Ferris State hit .255 in the third (16-4-47) while Northwood ended up at .106 (11-6-47).
- HITTING: Ferris State .226 (38-14-106), Northwood .000 (22-22-106)
- DIGS: Ferris State 57, Northwood 43 (Grace Rekeweg/Brenna Murphy – 10)
- BLOCKS: Ferris State 9, Northwood 3 (Rekeweg – two)
- ACES: Ferris State 5, Northwood 3 (Mackenzie Kepler – two)
TOP NU PERFORMERS
- Rekeweg: Eight kills, 10 digs, two blocks (all team-highs)
- Mary Gallagher: Five kills
- Northwood will host Alma in a non-conference match Wednesday (October 24). First serve is set for 7 p.m.