OVERVIEW – DAVENPORT
SCORE: Davenport Panthers 3, Northwood Timberwolves 2 (25-18, 25-22, 23-25, 28-30, 15-8)
RECORDS: Davenport (6-10, 4-4 GLIAC), Northwood (4-11, 4-4 GLIAC)
LOCATION: DU Student Center – Grand Rapids, Mich.
RECAP: Volleyball rallies from a 2-0 deficit before falling in five sets at Davenport Friday night (October 11).
INSIDE THE MATCH
- Northwood led the opening set before the Panthers finished strong. DU scored 10 of the next 11 points to lead 23-17 on their way to a 25-18 win. Davenport hit .184 (13-6-38) in the first set while Northwood struggled at -.074 (6-8-27).
- In the second set, Davenport's run came when the score was tied 11-11. The Panthers put up nine of the next 12 points to go up 20-14. NU got back within two at 24-22 before Davenport closed out the set 25-22. Both teams hit better in the second – DU finished at .200 (16-8-40) and NU hit .243 912-3-37).
- The Timberwolves led for the majority of the third set as they got on the board. NU went up 16-11, but Davenport did not give up. The Panthers tied the set at 21-21 and 22-22. But the Timberwolves scored three of the final four points to take the set 25-23. Northwood ended the third set hitting .216 (17-9-37). Davenport finished the third at .103 (8-5-29).
- The fourth set was tight from the start – the biggest lead for either team was three points. After both teams had chances to close out the set, Northwood capitalized on their fifth set point to win 30-28 and force a fifth set. Both offenses were solid in the fourth, as the team combined for 37 kills in the set. NU hit .308 (19-7-39) while DU hit .265 (18-5-49).
- After Northwood scored four of the first five points of the fifth set, the Panthers took control. The Timberwolves led 7-6 before Davenport scored eight of the final nine points to close out the win. NU fell back to .100 (5-3-20) in the fifth. The Panthers hit .273 (8-2-22).
- HITTING: Northwood .181 (59-30-160), Davenport .191 (63-26-178)
- DIGS: Northwood 76 (Lauren Bell – 27), Davenport 64
- BLOCKS: Northwood 8 (Mary Gallagher/Grace Rekeweg – Four), Davenport 9
- ACES: Northwood 6 (Mackenzie Kepler - two), Davenport 8
TOP NU PERFORMERS
- Megan Acs: 14 kills, 12 digs, .300 attack percentage (14-5-30)
- Rekeweg: 14 kills, 13 digs, four blocks
- Mary Gallagher: 12 kills, four blocks
- Macy Lintz: 48 assists
- Bell: 27 digs, five assists.
- Northwood will travel to Grand Valley State Saturday (October 12). Match time is set for 4 p.m.