OVERVIEW – LAKE SUPERIOR STATE
SCORE: Northwood Timberwolves 3, Lake Superior State 0 (25-21, 25-15, 25-19)
RECORDS: Lake Superior State 8-15, 2-10 GLIAC/Northwood 5-18, 5-7 GLIAC
LOCATION: Riepma Arena – Midland, Mich.
RECAP: Volleyball picks up 3-0 sweep over Lake Superior State Friday night (November 1).
INSIDE THE MATCH – LAKE SUPERIOR STATE
- The opening set was tied 10-10 20 points into the set. Northwood went on a 6-1 run to go up 16-11. The Lakers rallied back to get within one at 20-19 before NU scored five of the final seven points to win 25-21. Both offenses were solid in the first set – Northwood hit .312 overall (16-6-32) while LSSU finished at .250 (11-4-28).
- Lake Superior led in the early stages of the second set, going up 10-7. Northwood came up with the key run of the set at that point, scoring nine straight points to open up a 16-10 advantage. NU eventually took the set 25-15 to go up 2-0. The Timberwolves finished the second set at .205 (14-6-39). The Lakers hit .049 (8-6-41).
- The third set saw LSSU get off to a good start, leading 8-4. Northwood came back and led 12-11 when the Timberwolves went on the key run of the third, scoring five points in a row to make the score 17-11. Lake Superior got no closer than three points the rest of the way as the Timberwolves closed out the third 25-19. NU had another strong set on offense in the third, hitting .294 (14-4-34). LSSU ended at .184 (12-5-38) in the final set.
- HITTING: Northwood .267 (44-16-105), Lake Superior State .150 (31-15-107)
- DIGS: Northwood 53 (Grace Rekeweg – 15), Lake Superior State 38
- BLOCKS: Northwood 1 (Mary Gallagher/Carson Rutherford – 1), Lake Superior State 2
- ACES: Northwood 5 (Mackenzie Kepler – 3), Lake Superior State 3
TOP NU PERFORMERS
- Gallagher: 11 kills
- Kepler: 10 kills, three aces, seven digs
- Rekeweg: Nine kills, 15 digs, .400 attack percentage (9-1-20)
- Macy Lintz: 37 assists, nine digs
- Northwood will host Saginaw Valley Saturday (November 2). Match time is set for 5 p.m.