OVERVIEW – NORTHERN MICHIGAN
SCORE: Northern Michigan Wildcats 3, Northwood Timberwolves 0 (25-17, 25-22, 25-19)
RECORDS: Northern Michigan (11-13, 7-6 GLIAC), Northwood (5-20, 5-9 GLIAC)
LOCATION: Vandament Arena – Marquette, Mich.
RECAP: Northwood falls to Northern Michigan 3-0 Friday night (November 8).
INSIDE THE MATCH
- Northern Michigan set the tone of the opening set right away, scoring six of the first eight points. After falling behind 14-6, Northwood scored five of the next six points to get back within four at 16-12. But the Wildcats finished strong to take the opening set 25-17. NMU hit a strong .381 (16-0-42) while holding Northwood to a .158 (11-5-38).
- Northwood played better in the second set and held a 21-20 late. Northern Michigan made a final push to earn the 2-0 lead, scoring five of the final six points to win 25-22. The Timberwolves finished the second set at .143 (11-5-42). Northern Michigan hit .211 (14-6-38).
- The Wildcats led 7-5 in the third set when NMU made the final big push to end the sweep. Northern Michigan scored 12 of the next 17 points to make the score 19-10 on their way to a 25-19 third-set win. Northern Michigan had another good set on offense, hitting .278 (14-4-36). Northwood finished the fourth at .162 (13-7-37).
- HITTING: Northwood .154 (35-17-117), Northern Michigan .293 (44-10-116)
- DIGS: Northwood 53 (Mackenzie Kepler – 13), Northern Michigan 58
- BLOCKS: Northwood 1 (Carson Rutherford/Hannah Siegel – 1), Northern Michigan 8
- ACES: Northwood 2 (Lauren Bell – two), Northern Michigan 3
TOP NU PERFORMERS
- Kepler: 12 kills, 13 digs
- Carson Rutherford: Six kills, .294 attack percentage (6-1-17)
- Macy Lintz: 27 assists
- Northwood will travel to Michigan Tech Saturday (November 9). First serve is set for 3 p.m.