OVERVIEW – FERRIS STATE
SCORE: Ferris State Bulldogs 3, Northwood Timberwolves 0 (25-23, 25-13, 25-22)
RECORDS: Ferris State (22-5, 14-2 GLIAC), Northwood (5-22, 5-11 GLIAC)
LOCATION: Riepma Arena – Midland, Mich.
RECAP: Volleyball drops a 3-0 match to Ferris State in Northwood's finale Friday night (November 15)
INSIDE THE MATCH
- The first set was evenly played throughout – there were 11 ties and six lead changes. Neither team owning a lead greater than two points. NU led 21-19 before the Bulldogs scored five of the final seven points to win 25-23. The Bulldogs hit .159 (13-6-44) to the Timberwolves' .196 (14-5-46).
- The Bulldogs kept their momentum going into the second set, jumping out to an early 10-5 lead. They maintained a fairly comfortable lead and ended the set on a 12-4 run to claim the set 25-13. Ferris State's offense was the story of the set, as the Bulldogs hit .469 (17-2-32). NU finished the second at .069 (7-5-29).
- Another strong start to the third from Ferris State gave them a 7-3 advantage early in the set. The Bulldogs held a comfortable lead until a 8-3 Timberwolf cut the advantage to 22-20. Ferris State eventually pulled away to win the set 25-22 and claim the match 3-0. The Bulldogs hit .316 (15-3-38) in the third to the Timberwolves' .119 (13-8-42).
- HITTING: Northwood .137 (34-18-117), Ferris State .298 (45-11-114)
- DIGS: Northwood 54 (Clare Keating – 14), Ferris State 62
- BLOCKS: Northwood 4 (Hannah Siegel – three), Ferris State 1
- ACES: Northwood 4 (Mackenzie Kepler – two), Ferris State 5
TOP NU PERFORMERS
- Mackenzie Kepler: 7 kills, 11 digs
- Macy Lintz: 25 assists, 11 digs, five kills, .833 attack percentage (5-0-6)
- Clare Keating: 14 digs
- Karlie Wengorovius: Six kills, .400 attack percentage (6-0-15).
- Carson Rutherford: 8 kills
- Northwood has completed their season.