OVERVIEW – NORTHERN MICHIGAN
SCORE: Northern Michigan Wildcats 3, Northwood Timberwolves 0 (25-18, 25-15, 25-12)
RECORDS: Northern Michigan (6-1, 6-1 GLIAC), Northwood (5-2, 5-2 GLIAC)
LOCATION: Marquette, Mich.
RECAP: Northwood Volleyball drops a 3-0 match at Northern Michigan Friday afternoon (March 12).
INSIDE THE MATCH
- Northern Michigan set the tone for the day by scoring five of the six points of the match. The Timberwolves got within two at 9-7, only to see the Wildcats score eight of the next nine points to lead 15-8. The Timberwolves got no closer than four as NMU closed out a 25-18 win. Northwood hit .152 in the opening set (10-5-33), compared to Northern Michigan at .345 (14-4-29).
- Northern Michigan scored seven straight points to start the second. NU was unable to get any closer than six the remainder of the set, which Northern Michigan took 25-15. The Wildcats continued to perform well offensively, hitting .333 (12-2-30). Northwood finished the second at .120 (8-5-25).
- The Timberwolves were more competitive early in the third, as the score was tied 7-7. That is when the Wildcats took control, scoring 10 straight and 12 of the next 13 points to go up 20-9 on their way to a 25-12 win. NU struggled in the third, hitting -.156 (4-9-32). The Wildcats finished the final set at .276 (13-5-29).
- HITTING: Northwood .033 (22-19-90), Northern Michigan .318 (39-11-88)
- DIGS: Northwood 32 (Venera Kadriu/Lauren Bell – Seven), Northern Michigan 61
- BLOCKS: Northwood 2 (Sydney Sweet/Mackenzie Kepler – One), Northern Michigan 6
- ACES: Northwood 3 (Three players – One), Northern Michigan 6
TOP NU PERFORMERS
- Northwood and Northern Michigan will finish their weekend series with a match Saturday (March 13) at 2 p.m.