OVERVIEW – FERRIS STATE
SCORE: Ferris State Bulldogs 3, Northwood Timberwolves 0 (28-26, 25-23, 25-18)
RECORDS: Northwood (6-4, 6-4 GLIAC), Ferris State (6-4, 6-4 GLIAC)
LOCATION: Ewigleben Arena – Big Rapids, Mich.
RECAP: Northwood Volleyball sees Ferris State control the play late in all three sets in a 3-0 Bulldog win Saturday (March 20).
INSIDE THE MATCH
- The opening set saw runs for both teams throughout the set. Northwood led 10-7, only to see Ferris State score three straight to tie the score. NU then put up four straight points to lead 14-10, which was followed by the Bulldogs scoring four straight of their own to level the score again at 14-14. The Timberwolves appeared ready to take a 1-0 lead when they went up 23-18, but FSU put up six straight point to lead 24-23. The Bulldogs eventually took the set 28-26 for the 1-0 advantage. Northwood hit .154 in the opening set (17-9-52), while Ferris State finished the set at .189 (16-6-53).
- Ferris State led the second set 10-8 when Northwood went on a big run. The Timberwolves scored 10 of the next 11 points to lead 18-11. NU was close to leveling the match, taking leads of 21-15 and 22-18. But FSU took their level of play up another level at the end of the set again, scoring seven of the final eight points to take the set 25-23. The Bulldogs hit .208 in the second (17-7-48), nearly matching the Timberwolves' mark of .209 (12-3-43).
- The Bulldogs kept the momentum going early in the third, scoring seven of the first nine points. Northwood fought back to cut the lead to two at 19-17. FSU finished off the match with one final run, scoring five straight and six of the final seven points to win 25-18. The Timberwolves fell back to .057 (8-6-35) while Ferris State jumped up to .325 (15-2-40).
- HITTING: Ferris State .234 (48-15-141), Northwood .146 (37-18-130)
- DIGS: Ferris State 68, Northwood 70 (Lauren Bell – 21)
- BLOCKS: Ferris State 10, Northwood 5 (Grace Rekeweg/Mary Gallagher – Three)
- ACES: Ferris State 4, Northwood 6 (Megan Acs/Bell – Two)
TOP NU PERFORMERS
- Mary Gallagher: Nine kills, three blocks
- Maya Ferland: Nine kills, two blocks
- Macy Lintz: 33 assists
- Northwood will travel to Purdue Northwest for a pair of matches, starting Friday (March 26).