OVERVIEW – PURDUE NORTHWEST
SCORE: Northwood Timberwolves 3, Purdue Northwest Pride 0 (26-24, 25-18, 25-19)
RECORDS: Northwood (7-4, 7-4 GLIAC), Purdue Northwest (0-9, 0-9 GLIAC)
LOCATION: John Friend Court – Hammond, Ind.
RECAP: Northwood Volleyball picks up 3-0 win at Purdue Northwest Friday night (March 26).
INSIDE THE MATCH
- Both teams took turns controlling the play in the opening set. It was all Purdue Northwest early, jumping out to leads of 6-1 and 9-1. The Timberwolves came back in a big way, scoring six straight points to level the score 9-9. The NU run eventually reached 13-1, giving the Timberwolves a 16-10 lead. The Pride would not go away, however, eventually taking a 23-22 lead. Northwood made the final push of the set, scoring the final three and four of the last five points to win 26-24. Both teams struggled offensively in the first set – Northwood finished hitting .082 (12-8-49) while PNW ended at .020 (11-10-50).
- Northwood scored six of the first eight points of the second set to take the early advantage. The Pride came back to get within two at 13-11 when the Timberwolves took control. NU scored five of the next six points and 10 of the next 13 to go up 23-14. The Timberwolves eventually won 25-18 to go up 2-0. Northwood stepped up their offense in the second set, hitting .325 (17-4-40). PNW finished the second at .186 (12-4-43).
- Purdue Northwest led 5-2 early in the third when the Timberwolves went on a big run. NU scored eight straight to go up 10-5. The Pride did not go away and eventually tied the score at 19-19. NU finished the match strong, registering the final six points to win the third set 25-19 and the match 3-0. The Timberwolves hit .229 in the third (19-8-48), compared to Purdue Northwest at .114 (9-4-44).
- HITTING: Purdue Northwest .102 (32-18-137), Northwood .204 (48-20-137)
- DIGS: Purdue Northwest 61, Northwood 75 (Grace Rekeweg – 16)
- BLOCKS: Purdue Northwest 9, Northwood 10 (Mary Gallagher – Seven)
- ACES: Purdue Northwest 5, Northwood 5 (Five Players – One)
TOP NU PERFORMERS
- Grace Rekeweg: 11 kills, 16 digs
- Mackenzie Kepler: 11 kills, 14 digs
- Mary Gallagher: Eight kills, seven blocks, .381 attack percentage (8-0-21)
- Macy Lintz: 38 assists, 15 digs, five blocks
- Northwood and Purdue Northwest will finish their weekend series Saturday (March 27). First serve is set for 3 p.m.