OVERVIEW – Louisville Cross Country Classic
LOCATION: Lousiville, Ky.
RECAP: The Northwood University cross country teams have a big day at the Louisville Classic Saturday (October 5), as the Timberwolves register numerous personal-bests and all-time performances.
INSIDE THE WOMEN'S RACE (5,000 METERS)
- Northwood placed 32nd out of 62 teams with 843 points in the women's blue race.
- East Tennessee State was the winner of the blue race with 104 points, followed by St. Francis at 113).
- A total of 533 runners competed in the race, with Nicole McMillen winning with a time of 17:43.6.
- Lainey Veenkant – 19th overall: 18:41.9 – personal-best. Fourth-fastest time in program history
- Madison Brooks – 96th: 19:39.9 – personal-best. 13th-fastest time in program history
- Katherine Wozniak – 230th: 20:33.3 – personal-best
- Amanda Aquinaga – 233rd: 20:34.9 – personal-best
- Amanda Kalkman – 409th: 22:22.5
- Olivia Haring – 419th: 22:30.1
INSIDE THE MEN'S RACE (8,000 METERS)
- Northwood also placed 32nd in the Men's Gold race with 791 points, which featured a large number of Division I teams (41 teams overall).
- Middle Tennessee State had the top score in the gold event at 81 points, followed by Louisville (111) and Campbell (147).
- A total of 373 runners competed in the race. Athanas Kioko of Campbell was the winner with a time of 22:58.5.
- Northwood's individuals had a huge day at the event – all 11 competitors had personal-best times in the event. Seven of the times are now among the 20 best in school history.
- Parker Hayes – 105th overall: 25:04.3 - personal-best. Third-fastest performance in NU history. Best NU performance since 2006
- Zane Aldrich – 160th: 25:30.8 – personal-best. Eighth-fastest performance in NU history
- Netunji Paige – 182nd:25:37.3 – personal-best. 11th-fastest performance in NU history
- Mike Allen – 185th: 25:38.6 – personal-best. 12th-fastest performance in NU history
- Eric Poth – 197th: 25:45.1 – personal-best. 15th-fastest performance in NU history
- Trestin Mancillas-Finnerty – 203rd: 25:46.6 – personal-best. 16th-fastest performance in NU history
- Ben Haupt – 225th: 25:51.4 – personal-best. 17th-fastest performance in NU history
- Brandon Boyd – 245th: 26:00.0 – personal-best. 18th-fastest performance in NU history
- Seth Schafer – 250th: 26:02.8 – personal-best. 20th-fastest performance in NU history
- Josiah Morse – 260th: 26:06.8 – personal-best
- Andrew Wendler – 320th: 26:59.7 – personal-best
- Northwood will travel to the Jayhawk Invitational October 11.