OVERVIEW – GANNON
SCORE: Gannon Golden Knights 8, Northwood Timberwolves 3
RECORDS: Northwood 1-2, Gannon 2-0
LOCATION: Glenville, W.V.
RECAP: Northwood drops 8-3 contest against Gannon Friday night (February 22).
- Gannon got on the board right away, leading off the game with a solo homer to go up 1-0.
- The score remained that way until the bottom of the third when the Timberwolves came back to take the lead. David Vinsky got the Timberwolves on the board on an RBI groundout to tie the game 1-1. Later in the inning, Northwood scored on a throwing error to give the Timberwolves a 2-1 lead.
- The Golden Knights too the lead back thanks to single runs in the fourth and the fifth, making the score 3-2.
- NU responded in the bottom of the fifth on an RBI single by Colin McClelland to score Chris Clark to tie the game once again at 3-3.
- Gannon came up with the biggest hit of the game in the seventh, a two-out, two-run homer to push the lead to 5-3.
- The Golden Knights then closed out the game with three runs in the ninth, two of which came on their third home run of the night.
- Runs/Hits/Errors Northwood: 3/3/1, Gannon: 8/9/3
- Runners Left on Base: Northwood: 7, Gannon: 10
- Winning Pitcher: Eric Sapp (1-0): 4 IP, 0 H, 6 K, 1 BB
- Losing Pitcher: Colin Moran (0-1): 2 1/3 IP, 2 H, 2 R, 3 K
TOP NU PERFORMERS
- McClelland: 1-4, RBI
- Cole Brooks/Clark: hit, run
- Vinsky: RBI
- Northwood and Gannon will play once again Saturday (February 23). Game time is set for Noon.