OVERVIEW – #22 OHIO DOMINICAN
SCORE: Northwood Timberwolves 11, #22 Ohio Dominican 5
RECORDS: Northwood 5-3, Ohio Dominican 4-2
LOCATION: Dayton, Ohio – Nischwitz Stadium (Wright State University)
RECAP: Northwood picks up their fourth straight win, downing No. 22 Ohio Dominican 11-5 Friday afternoon (March 1).
- Ohio Dominican scored the first two runs of the game, plating one in the first and one in the third to lead 2-0 after three innings.
- Northwood got on the board in the fourth inning on a Colin McClelland RBI single to score Cole Brooks to make the score 2-1
- The Timberwolves broke the game open in the sixth inning, starting with an RBI triple from David Vinsky to tie the game at 2-2
- Vinsky later came home on an error to put the Timberwolves on top 3-2.
- The Timberwolves expanded their lead to 5-2 on a two-run double by Keaton Sackett.
- NU finished off their big sixth inning on a Connor Kin RBI single, making the score 6-2 heading to the seventh.
- Northwood made it back-to-back five run innings in the seventh, starting with a bases-loaded walk by Vinsky to go up 7-2.
- McClelland and Nick Palmer each had RBI singles, making the score 9-2.
- Northwood rounded out their scoring thanks to an error to score a pair, making the score 11-2.
- The Panthers put up two in the eighth and one in the ninth before the Timberwolves closed out the game.
- Runs/Hits/Errors Northwood: 11/12/0, Ohio Dominican: 5/11/2
- Runners Left on Base: Northwood: 6, Ohio Dominican: 13
- Winning Pitcher: Zach Kregel (2-1): 5 IP, 6 H, 2 R, 8 K, 3 BB
- Losing Pitcher: Mitchell Bault (1-2): 6 IP, 8 H, 6 R (2 ER), 0 BB, 6 K
TOP NU PERFORMERS
- Brooks: 3-4, 3 R
- McClelland: 3-5, 2 R, 2 RBI
- Palmer: 2-5, R, RBI
- Vinsky: 3B, 2 R, 2 RBI
- Sackett: 2B, 2 RBI
- Kin: H, 2 RBI
- Northwood and Ohio Dominican will play a doubleheader Saturday (March 2). First pitch is set for Noon.