OVERVIEW – PARKSIDE
SCORES: Northwood Timberwolves 19, Parkside Rangers 2
RECORDS: Northwood 18-10, 4-5 GLIAC/Parkside 4-17, 0-9 GLIAC
LOCATION: Simmons Field – Kenosha, Wisc.
RECAP: David Vinsky sets another Northwood career record, this time for runs scored in a career, as the Timberwolves roll to a 19-2 win over Parkside Friday afternoon (April 5).
- Northwood set the tone with the first batter of the game, as Cole Brooks hit a solo home run to give NU the early lead.
- After three Timberwolves were hit by a pitch in the first, Northwood made it 2-0 on a passed ball.
- NU extended the lead to 3-0 in the top of the third on a solo homer by David Vinsky.
- The Timberwolves broke the game open in the fifth inning, staring with another Vinsky solo home run.
- Colin McClelland followed Vinsky at the plate and made it back-to-back homers, giving Northwood a 5-0.
- Miles Hardy and Michael Karam added run-scoring hits later in the inning to push the edge to 7-0.
- Brooks then plated a pair on a double, which was followed by a Kyle Ziegler sacrifice fly to finish off a seven-run inning that gave the Timberwolves a 10-0 lead.
- Parkside pushed across single runs in the fifth and the sixth that made the score 10-2.
- Northwood got rolling again in the seventh, starting with an RBI double by McClelland.
- After McClelland scored on a wild pitch, the Timberwolves made it 13-2 on an error in the top of the seventh.
- The Timberwolves had one more bit inning in them, plating five in the top of the eighth. McClelland started the rally with a sac fly RBI on an error to put the Timberwolves up 14-2.
- Jacob Rybicki was then hit by a pitch with the bases loaded, followed by a two-run single by Connor Kin to put Northwood up 17-2.
- Hardy then had an RBI on a fielder's choice to finish the inning with NU up 18-2.
- Rybicki capped the scoring in the ninth with an RBI double to score the final run of the game.
- Runs/Hits/Errors – Northwood: 19/17/1, Parkside: 2/4/2
- Runners Left on Base – Northwood: 13, Parkside: 11
- Winning Pitcher – Jake Gross (5-2): 6 IP, 3 H, 2 R, 3 BB, 8 K
- Losing Pitcher – Matt Helwig (0-1): 3 2/3 IP, 3 H, 3 R (2 ER), 3 BB, 3 K
TOP NU PERFORMERS
- Vinsky: 3-3, 2 HR, 2 RBIs, 4 R
- Brooks: 2-3, HR, 2B, 3 RBIs
- McClelland: 2-5, HR, 2B, 3 RBIs, 3 R
- Karam: 3-4, 2B, RBI, R
- Kin/Hardy: 2 H, 2 RBI
- With his four runs scored today, Vinsky now has 161 for his career, the most for any player in Northwood history. The old mark of 160 was held by Vinsky's former teammate Daniel Pulver (2013-16).
- Vinsky now holds Northwood career records for runs, hits (243), doubles (58), RBIs (147) and batting average (.423).
- Northwood and Parkside will continue their four game series Saturday (April 6) with a doubleheader. First pitch will start at 1 p.m.