OVERVIEW – PURDUE NORTHWEST
SCORE: Purdue Northwest Pride 55, Northwood Timberwolves 52
RECORDS: Northwood (3-11, 0-7 GLIAC), Purdue Northwest (1-14, 1-6 GLIAC)
LOCATION: H.D. Kesling Gymnasium – Westville, Ind.
RECAP: Northwood struggles from beyond the arc and with turnovers in a 55-52 loss at Purdue Northwest Saturday afternoon (January 6).
- The opening half was sloppy but tightly contested – Northwood held the biggest lead of the half at six points (20-14).
- The Pride made the final shot of the half to take a 27-26 lead at halftime.
- Northwood ended up shooting 38.5 percent from the floor (10-26) but went just 1-10 from 3-point range while committing 11 turnovers.
- Purdue Northwest ended up shooting 46.2 percent overall (12-26) and 30.0 percent from beyond the arc (3-10).
- The second half was tight, but Purdue Northwest led the entire way.
- It appeared the Pride would win without much drama, leading 52-43 with just over two minutes remaining.
- But the Timberwolves fought back, scoring seven of the next eight points in less than a minute to make it a 53-50 game.
- Northwood then had six shots in one possession trying to get within one point or tie the game, but were unable to convert.
- The Pride made a pair of free throws in the final six seconds to close out the victory.
- Northwood's offense could not find its rhythm in the second half, shooting 35.3 percent overall (12-34) and 16.7 percent from the 3-point line (2-12) while committing 13 turnovers.
- Purdue Northwest's numbers were similar to the Timberwolves – 34.8 percent overall (8-23) and 0-5 from 3-piont range.
- The foul line was a big part of the Pride earning the win – they went to the line 20 times in the second half (12-20), while Northwood had just two attempts (0-2).
- FG PERCENTAGE: Purdue Northwest .408 (20-49), Northwood . 367 (22-60)
- 3-PT PERCENTAGE: Purdue Northwest .200 (3-15), Northwood .136 (3-22)
- FREE THROW PERCENTAGE: Purdue Northwest .600 (12-20), Northwood .556 (5-9)
- REBOUNDS: Purdue Northwest 24 (six offensive), Northwood 47 (22 offensive)
- ASSISTS/TURNOVERS: Purdue Northwest 10/15, Northwood 14/25
- POINTS IN THE PAINT: Purdue Northwest 28, Northwood 32
- POINTS OFF TURNOVERS: Purdue Northwest 16, Northwood 15
- SECOND CHANCE POINTS: Purdue Northwest 5, Northwood 6
- BENCH POINTS: Purdue Northwest 2, Northwood 22
TOP NU PERFORMERS
- Trey McBride: 13 points, five rebounds, four steals
- Zach Allread: 12 points
- David Jelinek: 12 points
- The Timberwolves will travel to Davenport Thursday (January 11). Game time is set for 7:30 p.m.