OVERVIEW – WESTERN MICHIGAN
SCORE: Western Michigan Broncos 86, Northwood Timberwolves 66 (Exhibition)
RECORDS: Northwood (0-0), Western Michigan (0-0)
LOCATION: University Arena – Kalamazoo, Michigan
RECAP: Western Michigan breaks away from Northwood in the second half of an 86-66 Bronco win Saturday afternoon (October 27).
- The opening 20 minutes were tight – the biggest lead of the half was seven points for WMU.
- The Broncos took that lead at 32-25, but the Timberwolves finished the half strong. NU scored 11 of the final 16 points to make the score 37-36 at halftime.
- Northwood shot 44.8 percent from the floor in the half (12-29) and 40.0 percent from 3-point range (6-15). WMU ended the half at 48.0 percent (12-25) overall and 42.9 percent from beyond the arc (3-7).
- Western Michigan out-scored Northwood 10-4 at the foul line in the half.
- The Broncos scored the first 11 points of the second half to set the tone for the remainder of the game.
- Northwood got no closer than 10 the rest of the way, while Western Michigan's biggest lead was 24.
- WMU heated up offensively in the second half, shooting 59.3 percent from the floor (16-27). Northwood fell back to 33.3 percent).
- FG PERCENTAGE: Northwood .390 (23-59), Western Michigan .538 (28-52)
- 3-PT PERCENTAGE : Northwood .346 (9-26), Western Michigan .385 (5-13)
- FREE THROW PERCENTAGE: Northwood .733 (11-15), Western Michigan .735 (25-34)
- REBOUNDS: Northwood 26 (eight offensive), Western Michigan 40 (10 offensive)
- ASSISTS/TURNOVERS: Northwood 13/11, Western Michigan 13/12
TOP NU PERFORMERS
- Jack Ammerman: 15 points, 6-11 from the floor, 3-7 from 3-point range
- Trey McBride: 13 points
- Alec Marty: 11 points
- The Timberwolves will play its second exhibition game Friday (November 2) at the University of Michigan. Game time is set for 7 p.m.