OVERVIEW – GVSU BIG MEET FRIDAY & BIG MEET SATURDAY (TWO SEPARATE EVENTS)
LOCATION: Allendale, Mich. – Grand Valley State University
RECAP: Led by Mason Phillips, the Northwood track and field programs competed at the GVSU Big Meet Friday and Saturday (February 12-13).
INSIDE THE MEET – MEN
- The top performance of the weekend came from Mason Phillips in the 200 meter dash in Friday's event. He won the event with an NCAA Automatic Qualifying time of 21.16. That time ranks Phillips No. 2 nationally in the event.
- Northwood continued to dominate the 60 meter dash in the indoor season, placing two in the top three overall Friday. Mason Phillips was first overall with a time of 6.81, while Xzavia Price placed third at 6.85. Both times are NCAA Provisional Marks
- Josiah Morse put up a personal-best time in the 800, clocking an NCAA Provisional time of 1:51.02 Friday. He now stands seventh in Division II in the event. Morse ranks second in school history in the 800 on the All-Time Performers list.
- Zecharia Stickler earned an NCAA Provisional mark in the shot put Saturday with a personal-best toss of 15.56 meters that placed him third Saturday.
- Northwood picked up another NCAA Provisional Mark in the weight throw thanks to Nathan Powers Saturday. His toss of 18.25 meters was good for fourth overall.
- NU's 4X400 team of Jeronn Body, Stephen Barker, Morse and Phillips placed second overall at 3:19.90 Saturday.
INSIDE THE MEET – WOMEN (SATURDAY)
- Jessica Kursinsky placed fifth in the shot put with a toss of 13.23 meters
- Jessica Marvin was fourth in the weight throw at 16.16 meters.
- Freshman Avery Stadt was fifth in the 800 with a time of 2:25.61.
- Debra Wallace ran a season-best 25:44 to place sixth in the 200 meter dash.
- Northwood's 4X400 relay team of Molly Kitson, Stadt, Wallace and Raegan Lauinger placed third overall with a time of 4:18.75
- Northwood will head back to Allendale for the GVSU Tune Up Friday (February 19).