OVERVIEW – BELLARMINE
SCORE: Bellarmine Knights 74, Northwood Timberwolves 65
RECORDS: Northwood (1-1), Bellarmine (2-0)
LOCATION: Riepma Arena – Midland, Mich.
RECAP: Northwood leads the majority of the game but falls 74-65 to Bellarmine Sunday afternoon (November 11)
- Northwood got off to a strong start, taking the lead at 6-5 and maintaining it the remainder of the first quarter.
- NU eventually took a 22-14 lead after the opening quarter.
- The Timberwolves shot 43.8 percent in the first (7-16), compared to the Knights at 31.6 percent (6-19). NU also out-scored the BU 7-2 from the foul line in the quarter.
- Northwood earned their biggest lead of the game early in the second quarter at 11 points (25-14) before Bellarmine began to fight back.
- The Knights scored 15 straight points to take the lead 29-25.
- NU bounced back over the final two minutes, scoring nine of the final 12 points to take a 37-34 lead at halftime.
- Bellarmine was strong offensively in the quarter, going 7-14 from the floor (50.0 percent) and 5-6 from the foul line (83.3 percent).
- Northwood finished the second quarter at 40.0 percent (4-10) overall and 5-5 from the foul line.
- Northwood pushed the lead to 46-39 midway through the third quarter when Bellarmine began a key stretch of the game.
- The Knights out-scored Northwood 16-5 the remainder of the third to take a 55-51 lead to the fourth quarter.
- Bellarmine shot 53.3 percent from the floor (8-15) and held Northwood to 33.3 percent (3-9). The Knights also forced the Timberwolves into eight third-quarter turnovers.
- The BU lead was 59-55 around the five-minute mark when the Knights put up six straight points to make the lead 10 (65-55) with less than four minutes to play.
- Northwood did not go quietly, scoring six straight points of their own to cut the lead to 65-61 with 2:17 to go.
- Bellarmine closed the game out at that point, making three straight shots to get the lead back to 11 at 72-63 on their way to a 74-65 win.
- BU shot 41.2 percent in the fourth (7-17), while Northwood was 4-13 (30.8 percent. Both teams struggled from the foul line in the fourth: Bellarmine went 3-8 from the line (37.5 percent) while Northwood was 6-11 (54.5 percent).
- FG PERCENTAGE: Bellarmine .431 (28-65), Northwood .375 (18-48)
- 3-PT PERCENTAGE: Bellarmine .231 (3-13), Northwood .250 (5-20)
- FREE THROW PERCENTAGE: Bellarmine .652 (15-23), Northwood .750 (24-35)
- REBOUNDS: Bellarmine 34 (10 offensive), Northwood 37 (seven offensive)
- ASSISTS/TURNOVERS: Bellarmine 11/16, Northwood 8/26
- POINTS IN THE PAINT: Bellarmine 48, Northwood 22
- POINTS OFF TURNOVERS: Bellarmine 29, Northwood 13
- FAST BREAK POINTS: Bellarmine 6, Northwood 6
TOP NU PERFORMERS
- Kenzie Seeley: 17 points
- Hunter Viitala: 13 points, five rebounds
- Grace German: Eight points, 12 rebounds
- The Timberwolves will travel to Indianapolis Friday (November 16). Game time is set for 7 p.m.