OVERVIEW – INDIANAPOLIS
SCORE: Indianapolis Greyhounds 65, Northwood Timberwolves 53
RECORDS: Northwood (1-2), Indianapolis (2-1)
LOCATION: Nicoson Hall – Indianapolis, Ind.
RECAP: Northwood drops road opener at Indianapolis 65-53 Friday night (November 16).
- After the Greyhounds scored six of the first eight points of the game, Northwood was the better team the remainder of the opening quarter.
- The Timberwolves scored 13 of the final 18 points of the frame to lead 15-11 after one.
- NU finished the first quarter shooting 46.2 percent overall (6-13) and 1-4 from 3-point range, while holding UINDY to 33.3 percent (5-15). The Greyhounds also went 1-4 from beyond the arc in the quarter.
- Indianapolis' defense was the story of the second quarter.
- NU still lead 22-21 with 3:57 remaining in the quarter, but that proved to be Northwood's last point of the half.
- The Greyhounds scored the final six points in the second to take a 27-22 advantage to halftime.
- UINDY shot 43.8 percent in the second (7-16), compared to Northwood at just 20.0 percent (3-15).
- Northwood trailed by four just over four minutes into the third quarter before the Greyhounds posted a run.
- UINDY scored 12 of the final 14 points of the third to take a 46-32 lead to the fourth.
- Northwood went just 4-15 from the floor in the third (26.7 percent), while Indianapolis made 6-9 attempts (66.7 percent).
- The Greyhounds maintained the lead the remainder of the game, going up by as many as 16 in the fourth.
- NU got no closer than 10 points in the final quarter.
- Northwood's offense had its best quarter in the final frame, scoring 21 points while shooting 36.4 percent overall (8-22) and 50.0 percent from 3-point range (3-6).
- UINDY finished the fourth at 55.6 percent (5-9).
- FG PERCENTAGE: Indianapolis .469 (23-49), Northwood .323 (21-65)
- 3-PT PERCENTAGE: Indianapolis .375 (3-8), Northwood .227 (5-22)
- FREE THROW PERCENTAGE: Indianapolis .727 (16-22), Northwood .500 (6-12)
- REBOUNDS: Indianapolis 36 (five offensive), Northwood 38 (14 offensive)
- ASSISTS/TURNOVERS: Indianapolis 19/14, Northwood 10/14
- POINTS IN THE PAINT: Indianapolis 28, Northwood 36
- POINTS OFF TURNOVERS: Indianapolis 4, Northwood 14
- FAST BREAK POINTS: Indianapolis 7, Northwood 9
TOP NU PERFORMERS
- Ellie Taylor: 12 points, five rebounds, three assists
- Grace German: Eight points, 12 rebounds
- Kenzie Seeley/Adrianna Stolicker/Hunter Viitala: Eight points
- The Timberwolves will travel to Lewis Sunday (November 18). Game time is set for 2 p.m. (ET).