OVERVIEW – #25 LEWIS
SCORE: Lewis Flyers 68, Northwood Timberwolves 44
RECORDS: Northwood (1-3), Lewis (3-1)
LOCATION: Neil Carey Arena – Romeoville, Ill.
RECAP: Northwood's offense struggles in the second half of a 68-44 loss at No. 25 Lewis Sunday afternoon (November 18).
- The opening quarter was tight throughout, with biggest lead of the quarter standing at five points for Lewis
- The Flyers ended up with a 16-14 advantage after 10 minutes
- NU shot just 33.3 percent from the floor (5-15), but the Timberwolves connected on 4-9 from 3-point range.
- Lewis ended the first quarter shooting 43.8 percent (7-16) overall.
- The score was tied 20-20 with under six minutes remaining in the quarter when the Flyers went on a run.
- Lewis scored 11 straight points in less than three minutes to take a 31-20 lead with 3:17 remaining.
- The score ended up standing at 33-25 at the break.
- NU went 4-13 from the floor in the second (30.8 percent) and 1-3 from 3-point range.
- Lewis was 5-12 overall (41.7 percent) and 6-8 from the foul line in the second.
- Northwood's offense struggled in the third quarter, allowing the Flyers to extend their advantage.
- NU made just 2-15 shot attempts in the third (13.3 percent), while Lewis was 6-10 (60.0 percent).
- The Flyers out-scored Northwood 20-11 in the quarter to take a 53-36 lead to the final frame.
- The Timberwolves could not get going offensively in the final quarter as well.
- NU got no closer than 10 points in the final quarter.
- Northwood went 3-14 from the floor (21.4 percent), 1-7 from 3-point range (14.3 percent) and 1-4 from the foul line (25.0 percent) in the fourth.
- UINDY finished the fourth at 60.0 percent (6-10).
- FG PERCENTAGE: Lewis .500 (24-48), Northwood .246 (14-57)
- 3-PT PERCENTAGE: Lewis .308 (4-13), Northwood .250 (7-28)
- FREE THROW PERCENTAGE: Lewis .667 (16-24), Northwood .750 (9-12)
- REBOUNDS: Lewis 42 (Seven offensive), Northwood 28 (Nine offensive)
- ASSISTS/TURNOVERS: Lewis 13/20, Northwood 8/21
- POINTS IN THE PAINT: Lewis 38, Northwood 18
- POINTS OFF TURNOVERS: Lewis 21, Northwood 18
- FAST BREAK POINTS: Lewis 12, Northwood 8
TOP NU PERFORMERS
- The Timberwolves will host Ohio Dominican Tuesday night (November 20). Game time is set for 6 p.m.