OVERVIEW – URSULINE
SCORE: Northwood Timberwolves 65, Ursuline Arrows 53
RECORDS: Northwood (2-4), Ursuline (1-4)
LOCATION: Seidman Gymnasium – Pepper Pike, Ohio
RECAP: Northwood uses a breakout game by Ellie Taylor to pick up their first road win of the season Sunday afternoon (November 25), defeating Ursuline 65-53.
- Both offenses struggled early on in the game – Northwood led 5-0 with under five minutes remaining in the quarter.
- NU led by as many as 11 points before taking a 13-4 a lead after the opening frame.
- Northwood went 4-12 from the floor (33.3 percent) in the first while holding Ursuline to 2-15 shooting (15.4 percent).
- The defenses remained strong in the second quarter.
- Northwood opened up a 20-6 lead for their biggest advantage of the opening half.
- NU's Karyssa Austin connected on a 3-pointer as time expired to give the Timberwolves a 26-14 lead at the break.
- Both teams continued to struggle from the floor in the second: Northwood went 4-15 (26.7 percent) while the Arrows were 4-13 (30.8 percent).
- Both offenses came out stronger in the third quarter - after combining for 40 points in the first 20 minutes, the two teams scored 29 points in the first seven minutes of the third.
- NU scored eight of the final 10 points of the third to open up a 50-34 lead heading to the fourth.
- Northwood was 8-19 from the floor in the third (42.1 percent), but six of their eight field goals were from 3-point range.
- Ursuline went 5-12 from the floor in the quarter (41.7 percent) while making nine free throws in the frame.
- The Arrows got off to fast start in the fourth quarter, scoring seven of the first nine points to get within 11 at 52-41.
- Ursuline got within eight at one point down the stretch before Northwood closed out a 12-point victory.
- Northwood finished the fourth 4-11 from the floor (36.3 percent), while the Arrows shot 6-15 (40.0 percent).
- FG PERCENTAGE: Ursuline .298 (17-57), Northwood .351 (20-57)
- 3-PT PERCENTAGE: Ursuline .214 (3-14), Northwood .323 (10-31)
- FREE THROW PERCENTAGE: Ursuline .800 (16-20), Northwood .556 (15-27)
- REBOUNDS: Ursuline 35 (12 offensive), Northwood 43 (15 offensive)
- ASSISTS/TURNOVERS: Ursuline 13/16, Northwood 14/16
- POINTS OFF TURNOVERS: Ursuline 12, Northwood 7
- FAST BREAK POINTS: Ursuline 4, Northwood 4
TOP NU PERFORMERS
- Ellie Taylor: 26 points, 7-13 from the floor, 5-9 from 3-point range, six rebounds
- Brook Ditto: 11 points, four rebounds
- Grace German: 14 rebounds
- The Timberwolves will open GLIAC play by hosting Northern Michigan Thursday night (November 29). Game time is set for 6 p.m.