OVERVIEW – NORTHERN MICHIGAN
SCORE: Northern Michigan Wildcats 51, Northwood Timberwolves 39
RECORDS: Northwood (2-5, 0-1 GLIAC), Northern Michigan (6-2, 1-0 GLIAC)
LOCATION: Riepma Arena – Midland, Mich.
RECAP: Northwood falls in defensive battle with Northern Michigan 51-39 Thursday night (November 29).
- Northwood scored nine of the first 12 points and clung to a three-point lead at the halfway point.
- Northern Michigan countered with 11 consecutive points to take a five-point lead of their own at 14-9.
- NMU eventually led 14-11 after one quarter.
- The Wildcats finished the opening quarter at 36.4 percent (4-11) while holding Northwood to 25.0 percent (4-16). Three of NU's four field goals were from 3-point range.
- The defensive battle continued in the second as both teams combined for just seven points by the halfway point, with Northern Michigan extending their lead to 19-13.
- Northern Michigan continued to stifle the Timberwolves, outscoring them 9-5 in the second to end the opening 20 minutes up 23-16.
- NU was just 2-13 from the floor in the second quarter (15.4 percent), while NMU was 4-12 (33.3 percent).
- The third was another low-scoring frame, as the two teams combined to score a total of 21 points.
- NMU eventually led 35-25 heading to the fourth quarter.
- Northern Michigan had its best shooting quarter of the game in the third, finishing at 41.7 percent (5-12).
- Northwood continued to have a hard time putting the ball in the basket, going 4-16 (25.0 percent).
- Northwood cut the lead to seven early in the fourth quarter, but that is as close as they would get.
- The Timberwolves shot better in the fourth, going 5-12 (41.7 percent). NMU had a similar percentage, finishing at 40.0 percent (4-10).
- FG PERCENTAGE: Northern Michigan .378 (17-45), Northwood .263 (15-57)
- 3-PT PERCENTAGE: Northern Michigan .294 (5-17), Northwood .206 (7-34)
- FREE THROW PERCENTAGE: Northern Michigan .923 (12-13), Northwood 1.000 (2-2)
- REBOUNDS: Northern Michigan 42 (11 offensive), Northwood 28 (11 offensive)
- ASSISTS/TURNOVERS: Northern Michigan 7/19, Northwood 10/12
TOP NU PERFORMERS
- Adrianna Stolicker: 12 points, four 3-pointers, three steals
- Grace German: Eight points, seven rebounds
- The Timberwolves will host Michigan Tech Saturday for a GLIAC matchup against the Huskies Saturday (December 1).