OVERVIEW – EASTERN MICHIGAN
SCORE: Eastern Michigan Eagles 53, Northwood Timberwolves 39
RECORDS: Northwood (4-8), Eastern Michigan (7-4)
LOCATION: Convocation Center – Ypsilanti, Mich.
RECAP: Northwood falls at Eastern Michigan 53-39 Sunday afternoon (December 30).
- After Eastern Michigan scored eight of the first 11 points of the game, Northwood finished the quarter strong.
- The Timberwolves scored 11 of the next 14 points to earn a 14-10 advantage after one period.
- Northwood ended up shooting 5-14 from the floor (35.7 percent) in the first while holding EMU to 26.7 percent (4-15).
- Northwood still led 22-20 with 2:32 remaining in the second quarter when the Eagles made a push that went into the third quarter.
- Eastern Michigan scored the final seven points of the first half to take a 27-22 lead to halftime.
- EMU turned up their offensive execution in the second, going 7-14 from the floor (50.0 percent).
- Northwood was just 3-14 from the floor in the quarter (21.4 percent).
- Eastern Michigan then added to their run to start the third quarter, scoring the first 11 points of the second half to finish off a combined 18-0 stretch over eight minute of game time to go up 38-22.
- Eastern Michigan eventually led 46-27 heading to the fourth.
- NU was just 2-13 from the floor in the third quarter (15.4 percent), while EMU was 7-12 (58.3 percent).
- EMU maintained their lead throughout the fourth quarter, leading by as many as 24.
- Northwood played well down the stretch, cutting the final margin down to 14 points.
- Neither team shot well in the fourth, as Northwood was 3-14 (21.4 percent) while Eastern Michigan finished 2-13 (15.4 percent).
- FG PERCENTAGE: Eastern Michigan .370 (20-54), Northwood .236 (13-55)
- 3-PT PERCENTAGE: Eastern Michigan .136 (3-22), Northwood .227 (5-22)
- FREE THROW PERCENTAGE: Eastern Michigan .625 (10-16), Northwood .667 (8-12)
- REBOUNDS: Eastern Michigan 45 (11 offensive), Northwood 35 (11 offensive)
- ASSISTS/TURNOVERS: Eastern Michigan 13/19, Northwood 6/16
TOP NU PERFORMERS
- The Timberwolves will travel to Parkside Thursday (January 3). Game time is set for 6:30 p.m. (ET).