OVERVIEW – PARKSIDE
SCORE: Parkside Rangers 53, Northwood Timberwolves 39
RECORDS: Northwood (4-8, 1-3 GLIAC), Parkside (4-6, 2-2 GLIAC)
LOCATION: DeSimone Gymnasium – Kenosha, Wisc.
RECAP: Northwood wraps up 2018 with a 79-61 non-conference win over Parkside Wednesday afternoon (December 19).
- Both teams got off to a slow start offensively – the score was 2-2 four minutes in.
- Northwood led by as many as six in the first quarter before taking a 13-9 lead after one.
- The Timberwolves were just 4-18 from the floor in the quarter (22.2 percent), but held the Rangers to just nine field goal attempts (3-9).
- NU had nine offensive rebounds in the first quarter while forcing Parkside into five turnovers.
- Northwood's offense started going in the paint heavily in the second quarter, resulting in a much more efficient quarter.
- NU had a 9-0 run at one point in the quarter, extending their lead to as many as 12.
- The Timberwolves ended up with a 32-22 advantage at the break.
- Northwood was 8-13 from the floor in the frame (61.5 percent), which included NU going 7-9 from inside the paint.
- Parkside was 4-14 from the floor in the second (28.6 percent).
- Parkside chipped away at the lead in the third quarter, but the Timberwolves maintained their lead throughout.
- Northwood led 49-41 heading to the fourth quarter.
- The Rangers were the better team offensively in the third, shooting 38.9 percent from the floor (7-18).
- Northwood shot 29.4 percent in the third (5-17) but connected on three 3-point field goals.
- Ellie Taylor was the story of the fourth quarter for the Timberwolves, scoring 15 points.
- The Timberwolves led by as many 19 and kept the advantage above 10 over the final 8:23 of the game.
- Northwood's offense got going again in the fourth, shooting 50.0 percent overall (7-14) and 4-6 from 3-point range.
- The Rangers were 6-14 from the floor in the quarter (42.9 percent).
- FG PERCENTAGE: Parkside .364 (20-55), Northwood .387 (24-62)
- 3-PT PERCENTAGE: Parkside .087 (2-23), Northwood .333 (8-24)
- FREE THROW PERCENTAGE: Parkside .733 (11-15), Northwood .667 (14-21)
- REBOUNDS: Parkside 38 (12 offensive), Northwood 43 (18 offensive)
- ASSISTS/TURNOVERS: Parkside 15/15, Northwood 13/7
TOP NU PERFORMERS
- Ellie Taylor: 24 points, 9-15 from the floor, 5-9 from 3-point range, five rebounds
- Kenzie Seeley: 17 points, seven assists, one turnover
- Adrianna Stolicker: 15 points
- Grace German: Six points, 14 rebounds
- Over their last two games, Northwood has held their opponents to 5-45 from 3-point range (11.1 percent).
- The Timberwolves will host Purdue Northwest Saturday (January 5). Game time is set for 1 p.m.