OVERVIEW – WAYNE STATE
SCORE: Wayne State Warriors 69, Northwood Timberwolves 60
RECORDS: Northwood (7-10, 4-5 GLIAC), Wayne State (9-8, 4-5 GLIAC)
LOCATION: Mathaei Center – Detroit, Mich.
RECAP: Wayne State never trails in defeating Northwood 69-60 Thursday night (January 16).
- Wayne State set the tone for the game in the opening minutes of the game, scoring 12 of the first 14 points.
- Northwood came back late in the quarter, hitting three straight 3-pointers to cut the lead to one at 12-11.
- WSU eventually led 15-11 after one.
- Wayne State was 7-17 from the floor in the quarter (41.2 percent), compared to Northwood at 30.8 percent (4-13).
- Northwood cut the lead down to one point on a pair of occasions in the second quarter, but that is as close as the Timberwolves would get.
- WSU finished the quarter with a push to open up a 35-23 lead at the break.
- The Warriors scored the final four points of the second to make the score 35-19 at the break
- Wayne State was strong offensively in the second, shooting 53.8 percent (7-13).
- Northwood ended the quarter at 23.1 percent (3-13) while missing all five of their 3-point attemps.
- The third quarter was more of the same for both teams – WSU's offense was efficient while NU struggled.
- The Warriors led by as many as 19 in the frame before taking a 55-38 lead to the fourth.
- WSU was 9-15 from the floor (60.0 percent) in the third, compared to Northwood a 29.4 percent (5-17).
- Northwood made four free throws in the quarter, compared to zero for the Warriors.
- Northwood played better in the fourth quarter, but it was too late to complete at comeback.
- After trailing by 21 early in the fourth, Northwood cut the final margin down to nine.
- NU got no closer than 14 in the final quarter.
- Northwood went 7-15 from the floor in the fourth (46.7 percent) while going 5-10 from 3-point range.
- WSU fell back to 27.3 percent in the final quarter (3-11).
- FG PERCENTAGE: Wayne State .464 (28-56), Northwood .328 (19-58)
- 3-PT PERCENTAGE: Wayne State .357 (5-14), Northwood .370 (10-27)
- FREE THROW PERCENTAGE: Wayne State .706 (12-17), Northwood .800 (12-15)
- REBOUNDS: Wayne State 36 (Seven offensive), Northwood 40 (12 offensive)
- ASSISTS/TURNOVERS: Wayne State 12/12, Northwood 15/16
TOP NU PERFORMERS
- Adrianna Stolicker: 15 points, 5-10 from 3-point range
- Kenzie Seeley: 14 points, 10-11 from the line
- Brooke Ditto: 10 points
- The Timberwolves will travel to No. 6 Ashland Saturday afternoon (January 19). Game time is set for 1 p.m.