OVERVIEW – #16 FERRIS STATE
SCORES: #16 Ferris State Bulldogs 3, Northwood Timberwolves 0 (25-12, 25-12, 25-16)
RECORDS: Northwood (2-8, 2-1 GLIAC), Ferris State (8-3, 2-1 GLIAC)
LOCATION: Ewigleben Arena – Big Rapids, Mich.
RECAP: Northwood drops 3-0 match at No. 16 Ferris State Tuesday night (September 24).
INSIDE THE MATCH
- Northwood led the opening set 3-2 before the Bulldogs took over. Ferris State scored 10 of the next 12 points and never allowed Northwood to score more than one point in a row the remained of the frame. FSU hit .290 (13-4-31) in the opening set while holding to a -.036 mark (5-6-28).
- The Bulldogs kept the momentum going early in the second, scoring seven of the first 10 points. NU trailed 11-8 when FSU scored eight straight points. The run eventually was 12-1 before the Bulldogs finished off a 25-12 win. Ferris State's offense was strong in the second, finishing with 12 kills and one error on 28 attempts (.393). Northwood nearly matched their hitting percentage from the first set, ended the second at -.037 (8-9-27).
- FSU did not slow down in the third, opening the set with eight of the first nine points. Ferris State led 21-9 before a late push by NU made the final score 25-16.The Bulldog defense continued to be the story in the third set, holding Northwood to a -.053 attack percentage (7-9-38). FSU ended the final set at .265 (13-4-34).
- HITTING: Northwood: -.043 (20-24-94), Ferris State: .169 (45-21-142)
- DIGS: Northwood 38 (Lauren Bell – 13), Ferris State 47
- BLOCKS: Northwood 2 (Three Players – 1), Ferris State 6
- ACES: Northwood 2 (Lauren Bell – 2), Ferris State 4
TOP NU PERFORMERS
- Northwood will host its home opener Friday night (September 27) against Parkside. First serve is set for 7 p.m.